I’m Tamás Csanda.
A student of journalism at the Department of Journalism of the Comenius University in Bratislava. I’m the former student-body president of The Hungarian College for Advanced Studies in Bratislava. Currently I’m VP and youth-organiser of the Parliament of Youth in Nové Zámky.
Some things I’m proud of:
- Working in the communication team of Gombaszögi Nyári Tábor, the largest Hungarian youth event and music festival in Slovakia
- Being an occasional speaker for the Institute of Active Citizenship in Slovakia
- Receiving the St. Gorazd price for youth excellence from the Ministry of Education, Science and Sports of Slovakia.
- Receiving the sTOPa 2022 award for youth work and active citizenship
Mentors are essential to our success. Having people guide me through most of my projects, I am sincerely grateful for the following people:
- Zuzana Peternai, principal of my former high school, with whom we created a community where the practice of shared leadership and student participation was strongly encouraged and highly appreciated. We held a few workshops together for IPAO and continue to work together to this day to maintain community engagement amongst the students in my hometown.
- Voda Zsófia, the Educational Coordinator of the Hungarian College for Advanced Studies in Bratislava. I am grateful for your mentorship during my first year of college and as a student-body president. I appreciate all the times, when we debate current affairs and brainstorm new plans for future projects in our region.
- Osika Judit, my coach, who guided me through the hard times of being a leader. You taught me how to evaluate my behaviour, how to consciously reflect on my feelings. If you’re in need of personal development, I happily recommend Judit’s GrowYourSpace platform.
- My peer mentors and close friends: Bárczi Laura, Horváth Rebecca, Magát Dominika, Kosár Réka and Moravecz Eszter
- And, of course, my parents
I hope to pay their efforts forward someday.
You can find me on the following platforms: